Waterfall Country is experiencing high visitor numbers at present. Before you visit please be aware that:
- Car parks are full before midday, if not earlier.
- Illegal parking will result in a fine and parking that causes an obstruction may result in your vehicle being towed. Only park in designated car parks and not on verges or pavements.
Waterfall country, has both narrow roads and narrow footpaths:
- Please be aware the roads in this area can be very narrow, becoming single lane with little visibility and few passing places. Be prepared to give way and reverse for long distances on narrow lanes.
- There are limited toilet facilities at the car parks and no toilets at the falls.
- To reach any of the falls requires a long walk on uneven terrain. None of the falls are accessible for buggies, pushchairs or wheelchairs.
- Please take all litter home with you. There are no litter bins at the falls.
- Do not jump off any waterfalls no matter how tempting it seems. Pools often are shallower than they look and many contain rocks just below the surface. Professionals who work in the river regularly check pools for obstructions and know what is safe at different water levels.
- Know before you go
- It is hard to maintain social distancing on the narrow paths around the falls. Social distancing guidelines in Wales is still 2 metres so if it feels too crowded, it is too crowded.
The National Park is 520 square miles so why not visit one of the less crowded places and find your new favourite place.
- Please help us to preserve them by taking care, sticking to the paths and following the Countryside Code.
Please be aware the roads in this area can be very narrow, becoming single track with little visibility and few passing places. Be prepared to give way and reverse on narrow lanes.