Your personal guide to exploring the Brecon Beacons National Park and the Fforest Fawr Geopark
Audio trails are recorded guides that you can download onto your MP3 player, iPod, mobile phone or PDA to accompany you on your walk. Alternatively, you can download them on to your computer and listen to them at home before you leave.
- Fossils and Firebricks audio trail reveals the geological and industrial heritage found between Pontneddfechan and the waterfall known as Sgwd Gwladus which contains interviews with a number of experts who have worked in and studied this area for years.
- Goblin Gwladus audio trail presents the information provided in ‘Fossils and Firebricks’ in a way that appeals to 7-11 year olds - and those that like a good old story.
- The Elidir legend (MP3) Fairy kingdom on the banks of the Afon Nedd. The entrance to the fairy kingdom is reputed to be somewhere along the Elidir Trail starting from Pont Melin Fach car park or Pontneddfechan. Produced by Forestry Commission Wales.
- Powder trail - This audio trail reveals what life was like working at the Gunpowder Works at Pontneddfechan. Produced by Forestry Commission Wales.
- Craig y Ddinas - King Arthur's cave of refuge (MP3). Hear the story of the shepherd boy who went to London and met a wizard. The cave is supposed to be somewhere along the Sychryd Trail between the car park and the cascades. Produced by Forestry Commission Wales.
- Sgwd yr Eira MP3 Trail - rocks, hillforts, mining and waterfalls. From Craig y Ddinas car park follow the yellow waymarkers and special MP3 numbered posts to Sgwd yr Eira. From early farmers to rock miners and climbers, people have been drawn here for one reason: to take advantage of the ground beneath our feet.
- Waterfalls and Wildlife podcast features interviews with Brecon Beacons National Park Authority staff who discuss the rich biodiversity found along the path between Sgwd Gwladus and Pont Melin-fach. Duration: 15 minutes.
- With thanks to the Countryside Council for Wales and the Welsh Assembly Government's Aggregates Levy Sustainability Fund for providing funding and making these possible to produce.
- This new 20 minute podcast centres around the conservation and revegetation work at this remote upland bog located above the Dan yr Ogof cave system to the south of the main ridge of the Carmarthen Fans. Featuring interviews with Brecon Beacons National Park Authority staff and representatives from the South Wales Caving Club and National Showcaves Centre for Wales, the podcast also explores the relationship with this fascinating cave system below the ground.
- A new series of three 15 minute podcasts delving into the childhood memories of former Penwyllt residents,Phil, Hubert and Alan exploring home, community and industrial life during the 1930's and 1940's.
- Henrhyd Falls, near Abercraf, crowns the head of this fascinating valley which is owned and managed by the National Trust. Explore the Waterfalls Trail from here to the confluence of the Nant Llech and River Tawe at Abercraf, through audio, images and film.
Please let us know what you think of these audio trails and podcasts by using the online feedback form. Thank you!