Strategies & Reports
In rural areas the visitor experience is inextricably linked with people and places hence the importance of the full engagement of community groups in the tourism planning process in the Brecon Beacons.
According to recent STEAM figures, tourism is worth over £136 million to the local economy each year, or £4,000 for everyone who lives in the Park. The benefits from tourism include:
- helping to maintain and create jobs;
- sustain local services and facilities;
- stimulate enterprise and support investment in environmental management.
Without the support of the local community the potential benefits from tourism will not be fully realised.
The development of Sustainable Tourism in the National Park is supported by a number of Strategies and key reports, particularly:
- Sustainable Tourism Strategy 2012-2016
- Cycling Strategy
- Walking Strategy
- Abergavenny - plan for sustainable tourism 2010
- Talgarth - sustainable tourism strategy 2010
- Marketing Strategy