Consists of three members of the National Park Authority and three independent members, recruited through advertisement and interview. It meets as needed (but at least once a year) and is responsible for:
- Carrying out legal functions conferred on the Committee by or under statute.
- Advising the National Park Authority on procedural arrangements for dealing with complaints made to the Ombudsman.
- Reviewing the Authority’s involvement on outside bodies.
- Advising on how to secure and promote high standards of conduct in the Authority's business.
- Advising on the whistle blowing policy.
- Receiving reports from the Monitoring Officer.
Members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings (subject to any information exempt under Schedule 12A Local Government Act 1972 – Exemption from disclosure of documents), and you can apply to speak under the Authority’s Public Speaking Scheme
You can follow this link to see the papers for each meeting listed against the relevant date: Committee Timetable