Press releases from February 2013
- Abergavenny becomes 100th Walkers are Welcome town
- Known by many as ‘The Gateway to Wales’ the Monmouthshire town of Abergavenny is celebrating its status as the 100th UK destination to receive Walkers are Welcome.
- Brecon Beacons becomes the world’s 5th International Dark Sky Reserve
- Brecon Beacons Park Society and Brecon Beacons National Park Authority are delighted to announce that the Brecon Beacons National Park has become only the fifth destination in the world to be granted prestigious International Dark Sky Reserve status making it Wales’ first International Dark Sky Reserve.
- Monty cruises to victory in Canal Dog of the Year competition
- Monty the boating coltriever has been crowned dog of the year in Brecon Beacons National Park Authority and The Brecon & Radnor Express newspaper’s Canal Dog of the Year photograph competition.