Terms and Conditions
You may print off one copy only of any individual page for your own personal use. This includes making copies solely for the purpose of storing the same into a cache memory or copies made when the file is downloaded, as long as you do not do any of the things detailed under "What you are not allowed to do".
What you are not allowed to do
1. You are not allowed to copy (whether by printing onto paper, storing on disk or any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), tamper with or alter in any way or otherwise use any material contained in this website except as set out above in "What you are allowed to do".
2. You are not allowed to copy any material from this website for any other commercial purpose.
3. You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices or watermark contained in the original material or from any material copied or printed from the website.
4. You are not allowed to use the website for any activities that breach any laws, infringe any other parties rights, or breach any standards, content requirements or codes published by any relevant authority.
5. You are not allowed to use the site in any way that interferes with our systems, other users or harasses, menaces or harms anyone. You will indemnify us from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses arising out of, or in any way connected with, use of the site by you or any other person using your login information.
6. You are not allowed to use the site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
Ownership, Copyrights and Trademarks
This website consists of images, texts, formats and styles of presentation, software (including HTML code) and material analogous to it ("Material"). All copyright and other moral, ownership and intellectual property rights capable of subsisting in the Material or derivatives of it from time to time is either owned exclusively by or is licensed to the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority.
You acknowledge our rights to the Material. Save as provided elsewhere in these Terms you must not copy, modify, manipulate, transmit, perform, publish, display license or create derivative works from Material accessed through this website. Where copying or transmission is expressly permitted, you must not display any author attribution or copyright notice.
This website also contains certain trademarks (whether granted or applied for), graphics, logos and service names ("Devices"). The Devices may not be copied or reproduced in any format (save as provided elsewhere in the Terms), or used in connection with any product or service without Brecon Beacons National Park Authority consent or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among the public, disparages or discredits Brecon Beacons National Park Authority or a subsidiary. All other trademarks not owned by Brecon Beacons National Park Authority or its affiliates that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Brecon Beacons National Park Authority or its affiliates.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may at any time change or modify all or any part of these Terms. By browsing this website you are accepting that you are bound by the terms and conditions and disclaimer current at that time, so you should check these each time you visit the site.
Competition terms and conditions
1. Open to UK residents only.
2. Competition only open to people aged 18 or over.
3. Only the winners will be contacted personally.
4. Prizes must be taken as stated. There are no cash alternatives.
5. We do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or communications beyond our control. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
6. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
7. This agreement is governed by the laws of Wales and the UK.
8. We will only use your contact details to contact you about a prize or ask for clarification about your submission.
9. This competition is not open to members, employees or contractors of the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition, or their direct family members.
10. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The competition promoter is the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority, Plas Y Ffynnon, Cambrian Way, Brecon, LD3 7TB
12. Winners' names may be featured in news releases and on this website.
Any people who are used as subjects from photographs, and are identifiable from those photographs, must give written permission for its use. This must be obtained from the parent or guardian if a child or young person is the subject.
If you do not want to grant to the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority.
Further, by submitting your contribution to the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority, you warrant that your contribution:
1. is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority for all the purposes specified above. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
2. is not defamatory
3. does not infringe any law
4. indemnifies the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
5. waives any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority. and the purposes specified above.
1. Contributions must be civil and tasteful
2. contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited, offensive, abusive or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
3. No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
4. No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times.
5. Please don't re-submit your contribution, or contribute off-topic material.
6. No advertising
7. Only contributions in Welsh or English will be accepted.
8. No impersonation
9. No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
10. Deliberate misuse of the Share with the world section is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
11. You may not submit any defamatory or illegal or unlawful material of any nature in www.breconbeacons.org. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
12. Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
13. The views expressed by members of the public which may appear on this website are not necessarily those of the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority.
If you're under 16:
Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before submitting anything to this website. Remember, to enter competitions you must be over 18.
1. If you fail to abide by these Rules, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited.
2. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to www.breconbeacons.org, the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, and the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
3. The Brecon Beacons National Park Authority reserves the right to delete any contribution, at any time, for any reason.
We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the information provided by us on this website is accurate at the time you view it. However, we cannot and have not checked the accuracy of all information provided by outside sources or by the providers of other information or of other parties linked to or from the website.
All such information is provided in good faith and the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority excludes liability for any errors, omissions or misleading information (unless made recklessly or fraudulently) to the maximum extent permitted by law, together with all implied warranties in connection with such information.
This website contains hyperlinks to other websites i.e. sites published by parties other than Brecon Beacons National Park Authority. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. The Brecon Beacons National Park Authority does not operate such sites and is therefore not responsible for their content. Furthermore, our inclusion of the hyperlinks does not imply any endorsement of material on such websites or any association with their operators.
If you wish to establish a hyperlink from your website to this website, or wish to frame all or any part of this website, you need our consent in writing. Please contact the Web Editor by emailing Jo Maurice
We make no warranty or representation relating to the availability of this website and have no liability to you should this website become unavailable to you for any reason.
In no circumstances shall the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage or any incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits or savings, arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of any data or information services displayed on this site. This shall not apply to direct personal injury or death.
The use of this website and these Terms shall be subject to the laws of Wales, the UK and the EU, and the jurisdiction of the respective courts.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.